Home Page

Support for Key Workers & Vulnerable Children

Dear Parents and Carers, 


The government expects schools to offer support (i.e. childcare places during school closures) to children of key workers and vulnerable children. This currently means a single parent family or a family where both parents work in the NHS, police or if they are a delivery driver for a supermarket.


Please, however, let us know if you believe that your profession may also count, e.g. if you work in a care home, or within medical research in a relevant area. If we can meet your needs we will do so, although we will need to follow government advice.


If you meet the above category, please email by 3pm today (Thursday 19th March 2020).


Please could you let us know:

  1. If you will require a childcare place during school closures
  2. If you need your child to attend, please can you be specific on what days you are likely to need
  3. What your Key Worker job is (we believe we will need to ask for proof of this but are awaiting further guidance)


We are trying to collate this information and formulate a plan. Unfortunately, more guidance is due today and tomorrow so we may not be able to let you know our plans at Alexander First School by Friday 20th March, but will aim to as soon as we can. 


Kind regards,


Miss Khokar